Saturday, December 8, 2012

We're On Our Way!

Well, here we are....at Newark airport, ready to board for a 7 1/2 hr flight to Germany and then onto the big B to meet our three boys!!  Can you believe that we only found out four days ago that our agency even had all of our paperwork ready to travel?  I think that's pretty good--to get everything handled and ready to go out of the country in only four days....and during the Christmas season to boot!  The day before we left I was running around the house putting the finishing touches on my Christmas decorating....because I'm anal that way and had to have the house done before I left even though I won't get to enjoy it!  LOL.  Well, my family who is staying back at my house will enjoy it at least!   I LOVE this time of year.  Christmas is such a sacred holiday to me.  Many Christians say that for them Easter is the BIG holiday and Christmas the "smaller" holiday because Easter is when Jesus died for our redemption.  But to me, Christmas is all about him COMING to die for our redemption.  He humbled himself so low as to take on the form of a man--left his Kingly crown...for the purpose of taking upon himself our sins.  Christmas is the beginning of the Easter story.  It's not just a heavenly baby born in a manger....it's God incarnate, here to rescue us from this depraved world and take our punishment as his own so that we can be adopted as children of God and made joint heirs with Jesus Christ!  That is such AMAZING news!  As I was listening to my favorite Christmas music yesterday on the way to PA from GA ( Michael W. Smith's Christmas albums) I was just overwhelmed with the sanctity and holiness of this holiday and overwhelmed especially with love and desperation for all of the family that I love so much who are not walking after the Lord.  It confounds me how I can love God so much and want so much to please him and to know him, but yet how I can have so many in my close family who do not walk after the Lord in this same way.  My heart's cry to the Lord is salvation for all of my family----our adult children, our nieces and nephews, our siblings.  I love these people so much--and they know EXACTLY who they are.  I pray they will read this and know how much I love each and every one of them and how much I pray for them....for their hearts to break for the things that break God's heart.....for them to desire Christ and his anointing above all else in this world....for them to desire holiness and a life worthy of the calling and sacrifice of our Savior.  People....Christianity is not just about "believing that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died for our sins."  Even the demons believe that.  Christianity is about being a disciple of Jesus Christ....and we know what that looks like by reading the Bible--especially the gospels.  I pray that his sacrifice would not be in vain for so many of the people who I'm crazy in love with.  I pray Lord that you will bring wholeness to my family and bring the lost sheep into your flock.  Thank you for your hand upon our lives and upon our family.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reader Comments

Sorry to all who have left comments on my pages over the last few years. Once I moved my site from Bandzoogle to Blogger, I lost all of them! Please feel free to leave a new comment above!